Being convicted with the computer sex crime forces you to have the best criminal defense lawyer you can find, and one who has specialized experience in these kinds of cases. The lawyers at the Law Offices of SRIS P.C. have been defending their clients’ defendant of online solicitation, child pornography, and other types of internet sex crimes for over 21 years. These are very difficult cases, but we know how to get the best results possible under the facts of every case. Our lawyers have defended many people charged with online solicitation of a child and other similar internet sex offenses. We know where and how to look for possible weaknesses in the Government’s case and help you select the best approach to defend against these sex crime charges.
Our top lawyers advise people about the finest ways to approach and resolve a wide variety of sex crimes involving children, including:
- Indecent liberties with a child, including caressing, rubbing, exposure or molestation
- Custodial indecent liberties charges against nurses, teachers, clergy, coaches, or other adults who work with minors and youth groups
- Aggravated Sexual Battery, sexual assault, sexual abuse of a child under age 13
- Rape, Sexual Penetration, or Sodomy of a child under age 13
- Illegal carnal knowledge of a child, or legislative rape
- Sex crimes between youngsters (teenagers too) including texting (sexting), statutory rape, and child pornography
- Online sex crimes —solicitation, enticement, or child pornography
- Civil commitment cases for people who have been charged with a sex crime involving a child
- Sex offender registration violations
If you are charged with any of the mentioned above sex crimes, then you are likely to face a heavy penalty. The code of Virginia shows no tolerance when it comes to the minors, children and a person under 18 years old. If you are involved in online solicitation then you are likely to be treated as a criminal. The first thing you need to do is to find an attorney near to your place and discuss your case with him. Most of the times, online solicitation ends up with having a federal charge. There is no law mentioned for sexting but there are few laws in Federal Code which indicate that sexting is illegal in the country.
Lengthy jail sentences are always a real possibility, as well as lifelong designation as a convicted felon and a registered sex offender. These are extremely difficult cases to fight for, but our attorneys have been doing these cases for almost 21 years. During the time we’ve represented literally hundreds of criminal offenders in child sex crime cases. If your case can be won, we have the full knowledge, intelligence and all of the ability to win it. If a plea bargain is in your best interests – which happens in most of the cases when there is already a full confession before we take charge of the case – we’ll work tirelessly to strike the best possible deal, and then use all of our experience and skill to build a compelling case in extenuation to achieve the lowest penalty possible depending on the circumstances, facts, and history of each case.