Traffic violation is considered to be a crime of supreme illegitimacy on which strict penalties are imposed on the accused under the flagship of US Law. In order to maintain law and order around the state, multi-faceted traffic rules have been designed by the government where keen emphasis has been placed on the traffic code. Reckless driving is considered to be the most dangerous and harmful amongst all traffic violations; where one intentionally puts lives and properties of people around in extreme danger. Every individual found driving recklessly with a speed approaching to 80 miles each hour is subjected to ‘reckless driving’ charge. Under the Virginia Law Section 46.2-862 following are the conditions under which a person is accused of a reckless driving charge:
- If a person is found guilty of driving any vehicle with a speed more than 20 miles each hour;
- If a person is found guilty of driving any vehicle with a speed approaching to 80 miles each hour;
- If a person is found guilty of driving rashly at the roads of Commonwealth;
- If a person is found guilty of driving ignorantly and recklessly on a densely populated area;
- If a person is found guilty of intervening two passing vehicles; and
- If a person is found guilty of entering into a banned premises illegally on a vehicle.
As already discussed reckless driving is considered to be most dangerous of all other traffic violations, therefore any individual subjected to the charge of reckless driving, falls under the category of Class 1 Misdemeanor. Under the category of Class 1 Misdemeanor strict penalties are imposed by the court which are the following:
- An accused is convicted to Class 6 Felony;
- An accused is subjected to the imprisonment of six months or in complex cases to the imprisonment of whole year;
- An accused is charged with a heavy fine of up to $2500; and
- Driving license of accused can be suspended for a particular time span.
The penalties mentioned depict the strictness of punishments imposed by the court, which can however put one’s career and personal life prospects at stake therefore the accused is advised to strive hard in order to reduce the severe punishments imposed. To reduce strict penalties imposed, one has to argue in the court that even though one has committed the offense, no one was at risk. Anyhow, for this purpose one has to hire a legal adviser or a legal representative, as he or she cannot deal with court and police investigators alone.
In case if you are in need SRIS Law Group is here to help you out. We have a specialized team of attorneys composed of trial lawyers and two former prosecutors who can efficiently deal with traffic violation charges. All what you have to do is contact any of our attorneys and fix an appointment with us immediately. Rest of the plan will be scheduled in your first consultancy session with us.